I had the pleasure of attending my first ever beauty convention. Beautycon is a convention that combines a countless amount of cosmetic brands and content creators in one place! It gives makeup lovers a chance to attend workshops taught by their favorite beauty gurus and an opportunity to meet them! Cosmetic companies also have tables and stations set up for attendees to interact with them and of course purchase product, which is sometimes discounted!
If you are a blogger and have never been to Beautycon I suggest you go at least once, just for the experience. Although professional cameras are not allowed, with a press pass you will be able to have access to your camera. Even though I did have this access, I still participated in general audience activities like the workshops taught by the content creators and also the meet-ups. You can check out my Beautycon Dallas Vlog here!
Overall, I did enjoy my time there and was gracious for the opportunity to meet some of my favorite content creators: Missy Lynn, Makeup Shayla, Tiarra Monet and Jackie Aina (pictures are on my Instagram). This was my favorite thing about the whole event! Also, depending on the package that you purchase for admission, you can get a goody bag filled with full size beauty products!
If you do plan on going to Beautycon in the future I have come up with a few tips to make sure your day is enjoyable!
- GET THERE EARLY! This way you will be sure to get into the venue in time to visit the tables without all the hassle from the huge crowd.
- PLAN AHEAD! Make sure you know which meet-ups you would like to attend and what times they start. Same thing goes for the workshops.
- WORKSHOP SEATING! To make sure you get a good seat for a workshop, get there about 5-10 minutes before the previous workshop ends.
- BRING YOUR CHARGER!! Phone charger, camera charger, whatever you think you may need to charge that day bring the charger for it! Trust me, you will need it with all the picture taking and snap chatting you’ll be doing. This may be a good time to invest in one of those portable chargers.
- WATER/LIGHT SNACKS! I know you may be thinking, huhh? But trust me. You would rather bring in your free water bottle and a light snack than spend money on the overpriced food and beverages there.
I hope this list came in handy for you. If I had known these things prior to, my day would have been a piece of cake. If you have any other questions about the event, leave a comment! Also, if you went to Beautycon Dallas I would love to hear how your experience went!